Practice Law: 1972, Virginia and US District Court, Western District of Virginia
- College: University of Virginia, BCE, 1962
- Law School: University of Virginia, JD, 1971
- Graduated Law School: 1971
Professional Memberships: Lynchburg (President, 1982-1983), Virginia and American Bar Associations; Virginia State Bar; Virginia Trial Lawyers Association; The Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
Tau Beta Pi; Omicron Delta Kappa. Member, Raven Society. Law Clerk to Honorable Albertis S. Harrison, Jr., Justice, Supreme Court of Virginia, 1971-1972. Commonwealth's Attorney for the City of Lynchburg, 1976-1977. Commissioner of Accounts, City of Lynchburg, 1982—.
- Born: Wilmington, Delaware, April 15, 1939
- Military Service: Capt., U.S. Marine Corps., 1962-1968
General practice of law including real estate, family law, criminal law, personal injury, bankruptcy, wills, trusts and estates, divorce, custody, adoptions and social security disability.